Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Organ Grinder


Well today I decided to start on the other part of my new years resolution which was to practice the organ and at least try to become decent. I don’t expect to become like the man in one day but you wont believe how much you suck after you stop doing something for over 10 years. I can’t remember most of my stuff from piano so im going to have to pretty much start over. Hey but I figure in about 20 years I should pe pretty good. I need a Leslie speaker for it and since it’s a model CV Hammond I need to get a percussion unit installed. Well slowly but surely I will get that done. Since I play by ear mostly and I read music slowly I need it to sound as closely to what everyone else is playing. So I guess I will always have something to do when I get home instead of napping as usual. If you think the organ bench looks a little weird, yeah it does. I had to make it out of some oak boards because it didint come with a bench and i couldn't believe that a new one is over $600. So wanting to be a fabricator anyway i drew up a design using pictures of real benches and it came out pretty good. I guess necessity is the mother of invention after all.

No comments: