Saturday, February 17, 2007

Belated V-day Blog

Haruhi has the same ideas as me:
" Feelings of love are just a temporary lapse in judgement. Like a kind of mental illness." -Haruhi


Well its officially past Valentines day. That means countless millions were spent on the ladies by guys hopelessly in love. Well all i gotta say is keep your money fellas. What ever happened to just being happy by spending a day together and sharing time? Now it seems diamonds, roses and Bentleys have replaced time and romance. Gotta make the lady happy? Order up a dozen roses and have em delivered to her job along with the Bentley. It all just seems so commercial to me now. I used to be that way though. One time when my ex was at school in D.C. I sent 2 dozen red long stem roses in a vase arranged by a florist and tied to the vase was 1 dozen large red i love you balloons. People at her school were all jealous i felt like the man but man my wallet was hurting after that one. I always did over the tops stuff. Diamond earrings for our anniversary, assorted jewelry for b-days and its not like i was trying to buy her love it just felt good to see a smile on her face. But to tell the truth i was making her happy but what i really wanted was to just sit with her and watch a movie or hold each other and i listen to her heart beat. It was stuff like that that made me happy when i was holding her i was in the best of moods. When we separated it was on pretty good terms. She wasn't the nicest of people toward the end but i think a lot was going on and distance drove a wedge between us. Do i regret buying the stuff? The evil side of me says hell yeah but the soft side of me which used to roam free enjoyed every bit of it. But some times you just miss the simple things. Walking hand in hand, holding each other watching a movie, Her screaming and climbing all over you at a scary movie, going out to dinner and hanging out with other couples, best of all listening to heart beats. But on ward and upward my advice though is to one time on valentines day put down the roses and Bentleys and just share some time. Who knows it just may end up being the best money you never spent.

No comments: