Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pre Turkey Day Fabrication

Hey sorry not many posts I'm still working on the trebuchet and its coming along ok. IM shooting for a test firing Saturday but I still don't know. I have run into a lot of unforeseen problems but I'm working them out. Like I wasn't going to be able to freeze the axle and I need to reduce the size so it can fit in the bearing. Well I don't have a lathe so out comes the grinder and I just rotated the axle until it fit. I went a little far but its no so small that it will cause a problem. I did make one mistake on the arm I drilled a hole out bigger than I needed and it is making the counter weight a little wobbly but I can still manage that. I still have to make a few more things, drill the axle for the bearing holders, mount the axle, make a trigger, make a tie down string and make a pouch for the tennis ball we will be throwing. That's not much to do its all pretty simple.

I love this time of year because instead of going outside and smelling smog, you can go outside and smell food. I'm not kidding when I walk down the block all I smell is cake and what seems to be sweet potatoes. I just gotta clean up my room before company comes over I got parts and screws and stuff everywhere. Well off to clean for me have a happy turkey day.

No comments: