Monday, October 02, 2006

A Poem About Me...

Solo
 
I walk alone slowly down the street
As I walk I look down at my feet
Treading on the path that ancestors laid down
My heart heavy I can feel it pound.
 
It’s like walking up a fast moving river
Water so cold that that it makes me shiver
I long for a warm hand to hold
Some one caress and protect from the cold
 
But from those I meet I only encounter bitterness and strife
Some that even want to snuff out my life
The time of day they won’t even pay me
But when trouble rolls around and things get hard over to me they try to flee
 
What happened to when I held out my hand offering support?
But you tuned you back with a snort!
Or when I reached out to give you a hand
But you step on me and leave me face down in the sand.
 
Now look your gasping for air
And screaming as I walk past that it’s not fair.
I would have given you my all to have and hold
I even offered as much as my soul.
 
But it’s not good enough for most out there
So I watch as you drown as I continue walking on air.
One day way up in the sky
I will look down and spot with my eye.
 
Someone who walks the same path as me
One that won’t mind when I be who I be.
One who will let me hold their hand
And together leave footprints in the sand.
 
 
T

One of my friends asked me to write a poem describing me so I made this up in a few minutes not the greatest I haven’t written poetry in a long time. I’m still on the search though any takers? Lol. J/k.  Thanks Jez for the inspiration.

1 comment:

Half the Battle said...

interesting poem. looks like were all looking for something like that. can we find it? or does it even exist? i am in a bitter skeptical phase right now so...i say no haha.