Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Lets get ready to rumble!!!!!

I was getting ready to brawl! Here I am napping when the phone rings and its the engine shop.
Shop Owner: "Your car needs a water pump and since we used your old one its not under warranty."
Me: " Umm ok now why didn't you replace it?" (still waking up)
SO: "You said you had one put on and we could use this one."
Me "Ummm no I didn't I said I put it on not too long ago."
SO " Well its not a part we replaced so its not under warranty. Sorry so we cant fix it."
Me "Well man I really need it but ok ...."
(interrupting me)
SO "Oh and it will be $65 for us looking at it"
Me "I'm sorry what did you say?" (waking up now and sitting up)
SO "Yeah its $65 for us looking under the hood. I mean we did check it out for you."
Me "Hold on you Grabbed onto the pulley and shook it for 3 seconds and that $65?"
SO " Yeah I have to pay my people too so its $65 either that or you can give us $256 to replace it"
Me "No way I can put it on myself for that price its a $45 part"
SO " Well its still $65 for us looking at it and .....
(me interrupting and getting up)
Me "I tell you what ill be there in a few mins ...(phone click from me slamming it down)"

Yeah really all the guy did when I dropped it off was shake the pulley. Nothing was taken off the car shoot I even opened the hood and showed him what's wrong! Just for the record I graduated from high school with straight A's in 4 years of auto shop and I'm studying to be a certified mechanic, fabricater and welder so I know what I'm talking about. I even told them what was wrong with the engine when I brought the car in! So long story short I go there and they are trying to close up but I get him to give me my car and he didn't charge me $65 because I was not a happy guy and I'm sure the look on my face was pure annoyance. But the thing is, I'm not mad they didn't fix it. I'm not mad they wanted to charge me to replace it. I'm mad someone didn't tell me to it was going to be $65 to shake a pulley for 3 seconds shoot I would have told them to go to h-e double hockey sticks and walked out. If I ever open my own shop and someone brings in something that is a no brainier to diagnose and even tells me what's wrong, I'm not going to charge them anything. If anything ill be passing them a cup of coffee for making my job easier.

1 comment:

kristenlea47 said...

Ahh... car troubles I know them well...